Ir al contenido principal

Shhh!

Ahora el silencio se ha convertido en una rareza de la vida moderna.
It is not only in public noise that modern life abounds; increasingly, people seem intent on enclosing themselves in a bubble of private noise. When I walk down a street now, or travel in a train, I see a significant (and I suspect growing) proportion of my fellow-pedestrians or passengers with ear-plugs in their ears, relaying music so loudly that they are deaf to the outside world. If you address them, which you have to do visually, by more or less confronting them face to face and miming in an exaggerated way, they jump and look startled, as if you were a burglar who had entered their inner sanctum, or as if you were making to rob them.

También me gusta la música. No obstante, aprecio el silencio profundamente.


Enlace: Silence, PLEASE