Ir al contenido principal

Perlas de sabiduría vieja por Kirk Douglas





Kirk Douglas vivió hasta los 103 años asistido con un marcapasos luego de un infarto en 1996.

• Love has more depth as you get older.

• Give your children lots of rope. Allow them to make their own mistakes. Don't give them too much advice. Each child is different; you have to respect that. It's a crapshoot: You roll the dice, and you see what happens.

• If I thought a man had never committed a sin in his life, I don't think I'd want to talk with him. A man with flaws is more interesting.

• No matter how bad things are, they can always be worse. So what if my stroke left me with a speech impediment? Moses had one, and he did all right.

• Mistakes that are perceived as mistakes are often not mistakes at all.

• Age is in the mind. I've survived a helicopter crash and back surgery. I have a pacemaker. I had a stroke that almost made me commit suicide. But I tell myself, I have to continue growing and functioning. That's the only antidote for age.

• Maybe when you die, you come before a big, bearded man on a big throne, and you say, “Is this heaven?” And he says, “Heaven? You just came from there.”